Emergency Dental Care
Call us if you have a dental emergency! We'll try our best to see you the same day to relieve your discomfort, get you started on the road to recovery, and get your smile back.
Don’t wait…give us a call . If you have a dental emergency, we don't want you to put off getting help because doing so could cause a mild issue to worsen. When you call, we can either tell you to come in as an urgent walk-in dental patient or schedule you for the earliest opening. We may advise you to visit the emergency department if your dental emergency is serious and life-threatening.
Use the following checklist if you are unsure whether you are having a dental emergency. Call our office if you're still uncertain, and we'll give you our recommendation for your circumstances. You could require immediate dental care if
- You have intense pain when chewing, eating or speaking
- You have lost a filling, cap or crown and are experiencing pain.
- You or your child have been in an accident, and teeth are damaged
- Your child has fallen and hit his or her mouth and the bleeding won’t stop
- You are experiencing abnormal pain when flossing or brushing your teeth
- If a food particle has become stuck in between your tooth and gum and the area is now swollen, or there is drainage around a tooth (sign of infection)
Common dental emergencies we treat every week include:
- Severe toothaches and dental abscesses
- Broken fillings, lost crowns, and broken bridgework
- Irritation from braces or dentures
- Painful, infected or decayed teeth
- Chipped, cracked, fractured or broken teeth
- Teeth damaged due to sports injuries or accidents
- Knocked-out teeth in adults and children
If you have a tooth or teeth that are knocked out, fit them back in the socket if possible and apply pressure, or place them in cold saline or milk or in ice water. Call our Rossville Family Dental office to let us know you are coming and we will make time for you or your child.